Old 12-05-2017, 02:44 PM   #178
IcedCoffee1983
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Sounds like you are a bit too quick boycott things. The national anthem protests are immoral; the cause they are done to support is factually bankrupt; the NFL and NFLPA have been remarkably negligent in not making it mandatory for players/employees on the field to show respect for the flag and anthem; and Papa John's pizza is easily the most delicious chain pizza ever made.
You know whats better than delicious pizza?

Living in a country where we have the right to protest.

It is not important whether you agree with those protesting or not, it is beautiful that they have the right to kneel or the right to stand. The right to protest is precious. When individuals start put what they view as "immoral" as more important than the constitutional rights of every citizen, it is a sad day indeed.

You're the worst kind of wrong. You dont even know you're wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
I’m black and I agree with you on the anthem protests. I know they’re not protesting the armed troops and the flag but protesting during that time is very insensitive especially when people like myself had family and current friends serve. There were other ways to protest without doing that.
Interesting, you admit you know they're not "protesting the armed troops" but you still find it insensitive to those serving. You can rest assured those protests are not directed to the men and women who keep us safe. So dont let your senses be disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
Kneeling during the anthem isn't attacking military or anyone, it is displaying displeasure with the country. But perhaps we shouldn't go down this rabbit hole, this thread is awfully off track lol.
This guy gets it!

I just assume as the years go by people will protest all sorts of things I dont agree with... however I will never waiver in my support for anyone to protest what they see fit. Just like I would never waiver journalists having a right to a free press or every womans right to universal suffrage. There are millions of people alive today that have never known these rights. Never been able to kneel and protest an issue, never been able to use the internet, never been able to vote, never been able to get a pass-port to visit other countries or cheer "lock so-and-so up!"

We are very lucky. Thank God we live in country where we can all do these things. You might not agree with the kneeling, but thank God they are free to do it if they want.