View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 09:07 AM   #12
IcedCoffee1983
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: User Pass Block Slider Reversed?

So I did some testing... and the User Pass Block Slider is totally reversed.

I played an old CFM save (week 3 me Pats vs Texans) so I could go against a line with a good guy like JJ Watts.

At 100 User Pass Block, the pocket would collapse quickly as my guys would get pushed back while grappling, and then defenders would shed blocks in “1 one thousand, 2 one thousand” or less pretty much every time (I timed it using replays).

I reloaded the same game at 0 User Pass Block, not only did my guys hold their ground and keep the pocket formed, they could hold blocks for up to three-1000 ’s. They also seem to pick up blitzes much better. On a couple plays my O-Line held the entire Texans D-Line for over three-1000's and I had a perfectly round pocket, and my completion % was over 80% since I had so much more time.

So the pass block slider seems to effect how quickly blocks can be shed, how well the O-Line picks up blitzes, and how much your guys can be pushed around while grappling. So it probably affects AWR, PBK, IBL, and STR.

Play a game with the slider at zero and then with the slider at 100, check it out. It was a very noticeable difference. User Pass Block is definitely reversed.

Man... its really frustrating that some sliders are reversed and that EA doesnt give explanations as to what sliders do, or which way is up and which way is down. I have been having trouble with sacks on All-Madden for a while and I've tried raising the slider to 60, 75, even 100 and couldnt understand why I was getting sacked so much. Now I know why.