Old 12-07-2017, 12:30 PM   #4
jeebs9
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: What 2k considers "good contests"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
In the video attached below, a sim youtuber (2k Kingslayer) highlights the problem with lightly "contested" layups in 2k.

1. Just being "around",(not in front, not in good position, not even jumping sometimes) is enough to force a easy layup to miss, even with superstars.
2. This is compounded by the effect of layup timing. 2k said that layup timing would just be a boost to your layups, and it wasn't mandatory to use it. However, its clearly not and the fact that we can't see Casper's timer is important.
3. This happens constantly when I play online. At least 5 times a game.

I see what he's saying.... But there are 2 things here in play. A lot of people don't see it's working in the background.

First of all, Nothing should be automatic. Seriously... Nothing can be. Until that ball goes in the hoop there should be so many variables happening.

One thing here is layup release point. It's before the ball comes out of his hand.

Two LeBron James is coming down the baseline for help defense. I'm sure the final reason Harden mess the shot is because LeBron James has a high contest and other things (badges).

Finally I don't want to repeat myself.... But... Nothing should be automatic in a game.