Old 12-07-2017, 01:43 PM   #6
shayellis
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What 2k considers "good contests"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I see what he's saying.... But there are 2 things here in play. A lot of people don't see it's working in the background.

First of all, Nothing should be automatic. Seriously... Nothing can be. Until that ball goes in the hoop there should be so many variables happening.

One thing here is layup release point. It's before the ball comes out of his hand.

Two LeBron James is coming down the baseline for help defense. I'm sure the final reason Harden mess the shot is because LeBron James has a high contest and other things (badges).

Finally I don't want to repeat myself.... But... Nothing should be automatic in a game.
I agree that nothing should be guaranteed. Which is why green releases being automatic makes should never happen.
Even if he releases the ball early, timing should not be a critical factor on a open layup like that, it's still James Harden afterall. Timing should not be such a critical factor that it should make or break a layup like this with James Harden. That type of logic is similar to what people use when saying they should make all their shots if they time it right(Not saying you think that).

IMO it should be more about quality of shots/layups than timing.

As far as the Lebron thing, Lebron is running under harden as he goes for a layup, Lebron is not in good position and should had virtually no affect on that layup, regardless of badges. Badges shouldn't overwrite bad position. Or from a developer standpoint, Lebrons defensive badges should not activate from that position.