aholbert32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Stamina question for a developer or GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Never gonna happen

We’re the minority and the game has to cater to the masses.

The thing is a good Mma game should reward realistic play with realistic mechanics. If this game is realistic it could end up turning EA UFC fans into MMA fans and building a larger/more loyal fanbase. Instead they wanna cater to the crowd that’ll play any fighting games.
I see similar statements like this all the time on OS and it makes me realize that this community (and sometimes myself) fail to see the big picture.

For example, lets say you are the executive producer of this game:

You just acknowledged that sports sim gamers are the minority. I'll take that a step further and say that this community cannot on its own support this game and reach enough sales to make it successful in EA's eyes. They need the "masses" in order to make this game successful and to guarantee that you keep your job.

So do you take a chance and make the game uber realistic knowing that there is a chance that the casual crowd (the majority) may hate it and not buy the game? Do you move the crowd toward an arcade feel knowing that the hardcore fans will be vocal and laud about the direction the game is taking? Do you do what the devs seem to be doing in taking small steps toward pushing the game sim but not completely committing to it?

Keep in mind, this is your job. If you are wrong and sales drop...you probably will be on the unemployment line.