Old 12-08-2017, 12:32 PM   #26
aholbert32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Stamina question for a developer or GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
While i agree blank complaints are useless I havent been doing that. If you look at my other posts I offer alternatives.

It’s very true that we dont know the behind the scene stuff and I definitely think most of y’all Gcs and developers are doing a good job. You’re awesome. zombie dude is perfect, martial mind’s influence is great.

But others have been consistent from the start about being a fighting game enthuist not a MMA fan.

I think this idea that catering to MMA fans would ruin sales is misguided. It’s a growing sport and will always attract casuals due to the violence alone. If the game is realistic it would be dynamic enough to replicate Diego Sanchez style fights but also give us Cruz vs TJ chess matches.

I’m not saying the game has to even be 100% realistic. Just give me sliders and the ability to edit fighters and i’d shut up. But i know it isnt that easy.

Honestly if GPD said they’re going to cater to fighting game casuals I’d shut up because it what it is at that point. i speak out because this is one of the best dev teams i’ve ever seen and i have faith they wont completely ignore MMA fans as long as we keep talking.
Dont take my posts as a comment on you. You and many others have posted many beneficial things in this forum.

I also think Solid is getting a bad rap here and its a bit unjustified. Solid is fighting game fan. He is also an MMA fan. Him being a fan of fighting games isnt a bad thing though because it gives the group balance. Its also not a bad thing because EA UFC is a hybrid fighting game/sports sim.

The amount of work that Solid has done on things like frames and other gameplay mechanics has been irreplaceble. There isnt another person on the GC team that could give that kind of input and the only person on the forums that could maybe do it is Sugata.