View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 11:32 AM   #2
mpd3892
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Competitive game sliders?

I gave this a try awhile back (on the suggestion by khaliib) and ran with default to see how it played out.

While there were some good over simulation, I noticed a number of instances where gameplay had issues. I noticed that receivers were making big catches a lot, even when there was excellent coverage. On a number of cases I reviewed the play and noticed that the ball was "morphing" into the receivers hands.

An example of this is where I grew the ball to receiver at the goal line. The DB got position between me and the receiver. The ball was little under thrown so it was tracking to the DB for an INT. The receiver jumped over the DB and his hands were about a foot or more above the DB's head. The ball was at the DB's head level when it "morphed" up into the receiver's hands for the TD.

This is just one example of this. Competitive advocates big plays and I believe it delivers in some cases by "morphing" game action to make them happen. For this reason I went back to simulation. I don't know if this type of gameplay can be eliminated or tones down, but if you can live with it then perhaps this might be a level to try playing.

Hope this helps you.