View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 04:19 PM   #13
SmashMan
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I really don't think anyone would hold MUT accountable for the downfall of other modes. But with EA's business model and significant decrease in spending on development, we are limited to fewer and fewer additions each year.

If EA used that extra $800 million to develop other modes, then I think people would probably cheer on the success of MUT. Yet that is not the case.

However EA has actually dropped spending on development (by 300 million) despite how much easier MUT is to maintain than CFM.

So EA's greed has led to the hostility towards ultimate team.

So the mode itself becomes the scapegoat for what reason, exactly? Because this seems to be the millionth thread you've created to demonize MUT when your actual concern is about things bigger than any single mode.

Judging by some of the replies in the last thread, you seem unaware of exactly how these modes operate. Not a knock, if you don't check them out that's cool; but we (as a community) can't have a real discussion about pros and cons of Ultimate Team modes if we choose to attack them purely from a perspective of how it effects other modes in a game. These modes all operate a little differently, and it'd make more sense to discuss the good and bad of each on their own merits.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports