Old 12-11-2017, 02:48 PM   #211
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreatOne21
So, I was watching a video about Madden 07...yes...Madden 07 and I came across something that really depressed me....

Spoiler
Forgive me if I'm not impressed.

Showing an overwhelming amount of data on the screen is not gameplay depth, and meaningful gameplay decisions don't magically fall out from just throwing a bunch of meaningless numbers on the screen. These player motivation numbers from M07 didn't materially impact how users played the game at all. Any team could still sign any free agent they wanted by tossing enough money at them, and managing the salary cap in those old games was never particularly challenging.

I'll welcome player motivations (and stuff similar to it which is no longer in franchise) back into the game with open arms when they actually impact how I play the mode. Until then, we're better off that stuff like this was cut because - let's be honest - a lot of those old franchise mode features were meaningless window dressing. At least in the current state we're not making bad gameplay decisions based on misleading and meaningless data.
Advertisements - Register to remove