View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 07:34 AM   #47
Thunderhorse
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
The reason franchise is declining is because developers have moved to relying on online H2H to replace making a quality AI, among other reasons. It works better in a game like FIFA or 2K but just doesnt work in Madden for various reasons.
I really wish they'd get away from the gimmicky stuff and focus on fundamental mechanics like 2K does.

"Play Now" in 2K18 is pretty lame imo just like Madden because the AI will constantly work to manufacture some kind of outcome. In basketball 1 turnover isn't a big deal but in football it can be the difference between a win and a loss. So your observation IMO is correct, it does work better in other games.

Not sure about FIFA, but 2K's game modes that allow users to only play with other users really does a great job of getting around that aspect of gaming. I'll never expect EA to be creative enough to give us a similar option in football, that would be flat out insane, but I do think it would go a long way in attracting more sales because of a new competitive aspect that would be brought into the product. Anyone that has played football understands what makes it special is your teammates.