View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 06:34 AM   #57
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I'm literally going to (mostly) copy-paste a post I wrote elsewhere because it's more relevant here.

If you are going to write criticism as to how a video game company runs their business, you first need to understand how a video game company actually runs their business.

To directly respond to the topic question: speaking as someone who entirely ignores the mode every year, Ultimate Team hasn't affected my experience enjoying Madden literally at all. The game is hardly "ruined" by its presence.
The post you quoted of yourself undermines your argument.

Consider the reality in which MUT doesn't exist it's. Where would the majority of resources and time outside of gameplay be spent (over the last decade, not th last two years when the frostbite plan was implemented)? Where would th micro-transactions be? And this one is big. If MUT didn't exist the micro test and actions would be by necessity more catered to franchise players, which would require an evolving franchise experience.

Where would those micro transactions be? THATS right. Franchise.

Note: to clarify, that is a GOOD thing. Micro transactions for franchise would again by necessity require an evolving franchise mode.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 12-14-2017 at 06:42 AM.