Old 12-15-2017, 03:46 AM   #102
bcruise
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Are the running issues just for KR and PR? I'm not seeing issues on the CPU RB side. Just wanted to make sure.
It's all positions (but dependent on their brace for hits trait, thus it doesn't affect all ball carriers). Here's a pretty easy way to see it - there are four parts to it and I'd recommend doing them all.

Go into open practice mode with the Giants on offense and Eagles on defense. Choose an I formation HB toss play for the offense and a field goal block for the defense (I know, I know, but the point is to let the CPU have a breakaway run and this is probably the best way to do it).

1. The Giants HB Orleans Darkwa is a "brace for all hits" trait player, and is one of the many players (especially HB's and returners) subject to this bug. Switch to the Eagles defense, control the one player you can on the side of the run and just purposely try to rush inside and away from Darkwa. Once he gets in space you'll see that he never really gets going - he will gain yards but there's no acceleration, and even the running animation looks off. He will inevitably get caught from behind, or manage to juke out defenders to score a TD. He will never break away due to speed.

2. Switch to the Giants offense and control Darkwa yourself in the same situation and observe the difference - and don't sprint, Darkwa's natural acceleration will be all you'll need. It will really jump out at you here how different it looks and feels.

3. Flip teams so that the Eagles are now on offense, and switch your control to the Giants defense. Set up the same play situation and run it. Ajayi, the Eagles HB, is by default a "brace for medium hits" player and thus is not subject to this bug. He will not be as fast as your Darkwa, but the running speed will match the animation. It's how the game is supposed to look when a player like that is running.

4. Switch your control to the Eagles, repeat. This time, you shouldn't see much difference in how your run looked vs. the CPU's. That's because the bug isn't happening for Ajayi (because of his trait).

Clint's info really helped clear up this mess. I don't think any of us could have made the connection between these otherwise. But it really falls into place when you break it down like this.

Last edited by bcruise; 12-15-2017 at 03:53 AM.