View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 06:34 PM   #43
JayhawkerStL
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What would prevent you from buying Madden 19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I take the larger point, but I love that a game that cares more about its franchise mode, its customization, and its realism is beating Madden in sports-games sales.

I'd hope there's enough pride on the development team to want to go outperform NBA 2K by producing a similarly robust title. I don't think that's likely, but one can hope.
But what if the people that actually play that game think that the franchise mode is lacking, but play it for the MyCareer and Playground modes? And 2K is battling its own issues with VC and pay to win.

Just take one look at the 2K forum and try to convince me that franchise has anything to do with the success of that game. Over and over you see people claiming other games have it better, but reading their forums does not support the claims.

And there are as many complaints about unrealistic play in 2K as we see here in the Madden threads.

The disconnect is between people that expect console sports games to be sims versus the vast majority of people that just want them to be fun. 2K basketball works because 3 vs 3 and 5 vs 5 basketball online is fantastic.

Maybe Madden needs a 7 on 7.