Old 12-16-2017, 07:14 PM   #431
jfsolo
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
This is, unfortunately, not likely to be good for business for someone like me, who plays solo offline CFM.

This is because online H2H players can mask or overcome a lot of the really problematic AI issues that plague solo offline CFM players. These range from playbooks to formation subs and rotations to roster management AI.

If the voice for franchise in the building is primarily a competitive player, I don't think we have a chance in hell of getting the cluster-mess that is their playbook feature fixed, or of getting significantly better roster management AI, or any of a host of other necessary changes.

I have to go through a pretty byzantine process to make solo offline franchise viable for multiple seasons, largely because of their incredibly poor playbooks and player management AI. I don't like having to do that, and I'd love it if we could get someone in there who represents the offline gamer's interests.

I think you have to be a primarily offline player to understand just how bad some core aspects of the game are and how badly they need fixing.

I say this as someone who is actually having a blast right now in offline franchise, but only because I signed out before the last patch and because I got my sliders just right. But getting this game to play well enough in franchise to keep me coming back is quite a challenge and I wish that weren't so.

For that reason, I wish the person they had speaking to CFM were a solo offline type. If that were the case, the core AI improvements brought about for this demographic would also benefit the competitive gamer because the core fundamentals would be better. I'm not optimistic that it will work the other way around.
Yes, The issue is that the single player CFM players, and the 32 man league/multiplayer CFM players are often greatly at odds over what should have the highest priority in terms of new CFM features or fixes.

Now that Rex has become so enamored with the competitive space, I feel like we've somewhat lost one of our advocates for improvement to the CPU in gameplay and in CFM. Still I'm hitting Rex and Clint and John up all the time to lobby for more control what the CPU does since it's not up to snuff right now.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove