View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 03:15 AM   #89
4thQtrStre5S
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

I am curious to see the numbers on MUT. I know I am bored with the mode. Now I can have HB Jerome Bettis as a LDE who potentially plays better than JJ Watt or Clowney? No thanks...

The cycle is just too fast for the game and what should be done to improve it. Maybe "Longshot" was a hit, but I found it to be a waste of resources and though they added Longshot player cards for MUT, the characters, IMO, and the statistics were uninspiring.

I would have used the resources, if possible, to eliminate some of the animation dependent game play outcomes.

I would have created a menu system that resembled something like a coach's office, locker room and team meeting room. The outside of the stadiums was a nice, little, addition, but its new value wore off quickly due to the lack of supporting pre-game and post-game environments. I would like to see players in the locker room before and after the game, and a half time that included a system to alter game plans with a nice locker room back drop with a white board.

The game is generally stale. Lacks life. Immersion is no where to be seen.

MUT player cards should be more dynamic. A user could invest in a player card they believe will increase in value due to the performance of the real player throughout the year, for example. I would like the ability to assign chemistry to player cards because at this point, I do not bother matching chemistry because, for the most part, I am not a fan of the one or two players I need to fill out a chemistry.

This year EA/Tiburon tried to promote users to create a team of players that were all on the same team in real life; Packers for example. As you got more team players and leveled up uniforms and stadiums, etc. your players, who were on the same team, packers, received raises in play rec and awr.

Problem was, AWR and PRC are generally useless, except maybe offensive line, and it would appear most people didn't bother with the leveling system once they realized it was a waste of time and resources. (This system, by my assumption, was put in place to highlight the new OL AWR system, but I would call it a failure)

Ultimately, and this is the very tough part, they do not need to allocate more resources to Madden, they just need to do a better job picking the proper areas to work on.