View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 11:00 AM   #11
mpd3892
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

There will still be some bonehead plays, just in real life. For the most part you will see better decision making. In case I wasn't clear, you have to make the edits not only to your team, but also the team you are facing. Its easy to do. All you have to do is go into the roster screen and change it to the team you are facing. You can then edit the players. No need to create an opposing coach or any other work around.

You really have to pay attention to the play called, especially runs. Know where you want the run hole and set your blocking accordingly with OL calls.

I.e., If I want to run between the RG & RT, I will call a slant left. The RT will try to push the defender (usually the LDE) right. The RG will then try to move the defender he's blocking (usually DT1) to the left. If there is not defender on the outside of the RT, the line will try to push all defenders left. If a TE is on the right side of the formation, then he pushes the outside defender right, the RT will likely try and get to the second level to take on a LB or DB.

Of course, as in real life, they don't always execute their blocks. I've seen really good DT shed the block and fill the whole even though the lineman is doing everything he can to execute the block.

Ratings really matter here. The benefit of turning off HIGH MOTOR is that they make better decisions. With it on you will rarely see a lineman hold his ground and not engage a defender and wait to pickup an unblocked rusher. With it off they are patient and will make better decisions. This really shows up when the OL is facing a 3 man rush. If the T are able to push rushers wide, the C and a G will double team the DT. The other G and/or RB (if kept in to block) will hold their ground and look for a free rusher to block.

The same goes for defenders, especially in coverage. You will see LB look around and when not covering someone and when they see an uncovered receiver they will move to cover.

I think it is best to delete your profile and start fresh, leaving everything at default. The only thing I change is game clock. I generally go with 9mins and no runoff. You can then go into your CFM, also default sliders and substitutions, and edit the players and see how it plays.

Let me know how it plays out for you.

PS. This does nothing to improve CPU play calling or the issues with the recent patch.

Last edited by mpd3892; 12-19-2017 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Additional note:
Advertisements - Register to remove