Old 12-19-2017, 11:37 AM   #196
jfsolo
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Purely speculation on my part, but it almost feels like they have a real source control problem. It's like the modules they incorporate into updates are back leveled in some instances. That could be why we see old issues popping up again after updates and patches.

I can only imagine the amount of modules they have to "recompile" when they produce an patch or update. Partner this with the team admittedly not knowing what ramifications certain types of changes can have and you can wind up with a hot mess.

I have seen continued lack of sideline awareness recently for receivers and backs. I see receivers continuing to run patterns 5-15 yards out of bounds. I see ball carriers not making sharp enough turns to avoid going out of bounds. I thought this stuff was addressed last year? It's back. Just an example, but you see what I mean...

C
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Great post. AI fix/updates regression has been a thing with EA football games for so long.

I remember when cpu RB's in NCAA basically had no spatial awareness for multiple releases.

How many times have we been told sideline awareness has been fixed or tuned? Once again I'm seeing RBs take the ball straight out of bounds when thrown to in the flats.

Between tuning core AI and trying to add further depth to gameplay with traits, things have gotten pretty fussy for the devs.
Yes, legacy issues returning the next year or even in the same year after a future update probably bothers me more than anything.

I agree with Coffee's post as well in that from the outside looking in, their testing methodology/protocol seems particularly vulnerable to significant(from a User POV not a developer one) gameplay bugs popping in what seems to be every other update. This is especially true when it comes to the play of the CPU.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.