View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 03:53 PM   #105
SyncereBlackout
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
You are assuming once again another level of control. I am, in my example, assuming that the people at the VERY TOP decide they want a truly great football game and are willing to sacrifice some of their profit to get it.

Everyone wants to compete in the market. But some people are motivated by more than that. There are games where more effort and resources are put in that is justified by the expected financial returns (and sometimes that results in much greater returns than anticipated- example: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. They made that game because they loved what they were creating, and they NEVER expected it to sell as many copies as it did, yet they poured their lives into it). That is undeniable. What if Madden were one of those games?

Apologies. I misunderstood in part because I’m jaded and a pessimist. I can’t fathom a world that isn’t motivated by profit.

I do appreciate the chivalry comment. I may look into purchasing it. Looks good.

To directly respond to your comment. Yes it would be awesome if madden was made by an independent studio of football fans who inherited a fortune or didn’t care for money.

I would love it if an Independent studio made a pro football game. Similar to Torn Banner Studios. The thing is, they poured their soul into it and raised money via Kickstarter. Donations and just gifts help make that game. That would be the equivalent of many of the people who constantly pass on madden all of a sudden pre-ordering a copy after EA saying “trust me. Cfm will be awesome. We swear”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove