Old 12-28-2017, 07:29 PM   #46
Darth Aegis
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
The "issue" Im seeing with having HIGH MOTOR ON for all DL is it makes average players a little too active, especially DTs against the run.

I'm trying out only setting it to ON for elite level players (90+ or perhaps very close). If you want a more challenging run defense to go against, then leaving it on will do that. It really forces you to know blocking assignments and setup the run. You have to use line calls and allow blockers to create lanes. You also need to run off your blocker's hip. By this I mean if, let's say, I call a run right and line call to block right. I know my RT is going to push the LDE to the right. The RG is going to try and block DT1 to the left, but in all likelihood the blocking will drift right. If I just try and hit the middle of the whole, the DT1 (especially if they have a high BSH and PMV, which is the counter to the RUN) is going to come off the block and bring the runner down. Now iff I run just to the inside of the RT, I am likely out of the reach of DT1 and if RT has pushed his guy to the outside I can at least get to the second level.

I had a great video showing just this. I should have uploaded it, but thought I had already posted enough videos showing how gameplay is affected by the HIGH MOTOR trait. In that play I was able to ripoff a 54 yard run. Up until that point I was chipping away with 2-5 yard runs.
Your just doing this for the defensive line with players over 90 correct?

Playing: