View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 02:02 PM   #22
RogueHominid
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Off-Target Interceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
That's my only complaint. I don't mind errant passes, but I think they need to tone down the short passes that are nowhere near their target. Instead of a slant or drag that is not even close to the receiver, put it just out of the reach of the receiver. Same end result, just way more realistic looking
I feel this way too. I want the errant passes. I want bad QBs to be in the 55% range and good ones to be in the 60-65% range.

It seems to me that they just don't have a good representation of errant pass types. With intermediate and deep passes, I do see an appropriate range of miss types, but with short passes, it looks like it's either an on-target pass or a Knoblauch-to-first-type throw. That's a bit tough to take when it happens.

I think Millticket has some videos from practice mode that show more organic overthrows with heavy edits to QB SAC/MAC/DAC ratings, so it's possible that the animation range is in there but is overridden or buried by ratings or other elements. But as it stands, it seems like some improvement of how QB inaccuracy is rendered is necessary for the sim folks.