View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 10:09 AM   #3
Iteachpercussion
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Tips on minimizing the backup RB absurd TD stats and sack numbers in CFM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBregz
I'm starting an Online CFM with a friend and I'd like to get this thing set up to be as realistic as possible. Is there a way we can minimize the sim garnering 10+ TDs to teams backup RBs, QBs getting sacked 60+ a year, # of 200+ carry RBs in a season, improving coach resigning logic (Guys like Brees or Jalen Ramsey, and Clowney consistently hitting FA), CPU drafting positions of strength and not their weaknesses, etc.

In other words, if I could get some advise on making this CFM as realistic as possible, I'd appreciate it. I've looked through some rosters and I'm fully prepared to make tweaks to ratings/traits if need be.

If we could compile all the tid-bits of golden nuggets of fixing the sim stats of CFM into this thread, it would be terrific.
There are some edits which can help some of the issues you are talking about. The draft logic of the CPU is what it is. It is better this year than it has been in the past, and that includes 2k5. Anyway...

I have not experienced backup RBs getting so many touchdowns. The problem I always see is that backup RBs simply do not get enough carries in a season. That can be "fixed" by lowering stamina ratings for starting RBs, or so I have been told. Prilosec, a member here, has done a LOT of testing on sim stats. He and I have worked together on a few things, but he has gone more in depth.

Something I have tested and know works is reducing sacks. Reduce the "Pursuit" attribute of DEs and outside LBs (blitzing ones anyway) to now higher than 85 for the top guys. Everyone else can be 80 or under. Once under 80 it seems to minimize the individual sack issue as other attributes also factor in. While this is not directly tied to your QB sack issue, it will help simply by lowering overall sacks.

Now in truth, I do not use current rosters. I make classic rosters and us them almost exclusively. I have pretty good results because I know what I am looking for. I am also trying to create sim and gameplay to reflect older seasons. For instance, the roster I created this year was 1987. Over the years I have made several rosters and I understand how the attributes work pretty well. I will say, there is a balance between sim results and played game results. You can get pretty good results overall through edits, but go too far on something and you hurt something else.

For instance: For my roster, in 1987, RBs per carry average was lower than it is now. The only way to make that happen in simmed games is to lower the Ball Carrier Vision. It works well. If I keep it around 89 for top guys and then down from there, I can get pretty solid results, but not perfect. However, if I lower them to give me the perfect results, the CPU RBs suffer in played games.

As far as draft logic and FA signing: The other option is to set up a 32 team controlled franchise. That way you control everything you want to control. It takes a lot of extra work, depending on how much control you want to have, but it can be worth it. The setup is relatively easy, take a few extra minutes. Then save that file as a template so you can always restart the franchise without going through all of the hoops.

I hope at least some of that makes sense and helps. I will try to answer any other questions I can.