View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 06:31 PM   #57
mpd3892
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

Quote:
I did wonder if adding UNDISCIPLINED for OL would be good for creating more penalties in the game.
Doesn't add a lot of penalties. Maybe 1-2 per game (could also be a placebo affect). It does possibly add a few more blocking mistakes. You could go either way with this one. If you haven't done it, I wouldn't go back.

Quote:
I like the sound of adding STRIP BALL for DB's. How are you finding setting the entire D to DROP OPEN PASSES:YES? Does it kill INT's as much as it sounds like it might?
Not at all. You will still see INTs on bad passes, but every once in awhile you'll see that obvious INT get dropped (as Dallas CB did against SEA last week).

Quote:
I think my favourite change is removing BIG HITTER from everyone on D except a special few. It removes the arcade like collisions from the game and feels more weighted.
I believe it is DaReal Milticket who put this out. It definitely makes for better tackling animations.

Quote:
I also took the initiative to add MAKES SIDELINE CATCHES:YES to all Receivers and Offensive Backs. I did a few tests and it really opens up the passing game.
I really like this. Your reasoning is spot on.

With these and maybe THROWS TIGHT SPIRAL OFF for non-elite QBs, I believe M18 will play about as good as it can. If anyone wants to add another layer to get some HB and/or DL rotation, then maybe edit STA (I still see some rotation without doing so). Now if we can only figure out how to improve the CPU play calling, especially on defense.

I know you've done the hard work by taking this on yourself. What platform and will you be making available for others to try?