Old 01-01-2018, 11:37 AM   #37
Thunderhorse
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Polygon: Sports Game of the Year 2017 - Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
No, that is wrong.

APF still animates better. Fact. The running game is way better. Dline and oline interaction blows madden away. The passing game is miles ahead. I mean look at QB drop backs. Heck simple things like the ball actually being in the QBs hands. I mean QB drop backs and throwing motion are so much better in APF it’s unbelievable.

Basically it’s 2k vs live animation wise. But the difference is much worse than that.

All of these are indisputable. Madden has improved its not terrible. Some new animations look really good. But it’s still so far behind. In many areas.
Anyone who has invested any legitimate amount of time in All Pro would never have said that.

It's still night and day. The one thing I'll give Madden credit for is I believe their product actually understands run concepts a little better. The power O and Zone run plays are actually readable now, and All Pro wasn't entirely there yet outside of their power plays. The Madden dev team deserves real praise for that.

That said, The individual that tried to assert this falsehood has already proven themselves not to be taken seriously. I never, in my life, saw anyone call that game "APFB2K8".

"Football" is one word, and the game was APF2K8.