Old 01-03-2018, 07:48 PM   #29
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Serious Question For the Slider Guru's here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers88
I'm no slider guru, but I'm definitely a football junkie, and I've been playing offline for 20 years. For years, I made my own sliders and had no problems. As time passed, it got harder and harder to craft a set. One year, I started to really test incremental changes, and noticed that the numbers and results didn't make any sense. I voiced my findings with some on here, and realized that a large group of people were seeing the exact same things I was seeing. We're talking dozens of different observations over the course of years of playing the game.

It certainly seems like online and head to head operate differently under the hood than offline CFM, so that could be one reason we have such different observations. But I definitely agree with those who see "unintended consequences" when making various slider changes. I literally haven't touched a gameplay slider this year because of the effects on animations and tendencies, the latter being the most frustrating IMO.

Haven't the Devs even commented on these issues at times over the years? I don't have Twitter, but thought I had heard that before.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yes, Clint confirmed earlier this year (well....2017) about the penalty sliders triggering animations (he was referring specifically about the defensive holding slider at the time).