View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 10:00 PM   #59
aholbert32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Why are fights not scored round by round in game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playrules
With round scoring, is it essentially how it works in real life (effective striking, grappling, then aggression and octagon control) or is it more to do with the total damage your fighter receives?

Only reason I ask is because i've had fights where I feel like I have dominated most rounds (the fights were stand up mostly and I had more strikes thrown and landed) but the opponent may have scored a few big hits (say 4 or 5 during the fight) where as I may not have but I've been striking more often and the opponent gets the decision.

I would assume that "rocks" and significant strikes obviously hold more scoring-wise than number of strikes to a degree, but yeah this just always confuses me a bit. I would have no idea how to judge it myself, but yeah any clarification on the scoring would help me dictate future fights. Thanks.
The new judging is based on the new criteria which you listed above. The example you gave would give your opponent the round. If you land 20 more strikes than your opponent in a round but he lands 4 strikes that rock you, an argument can be made that his strikes had more "impact". Impact is what judges use to decide whether someone is being more effective.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/6...-2016-mma-news