View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 12:41 AM   #61
RetractedMonkey
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Pregame worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
You can't say, "no one had a problem with combos" and then the very next sentence say, "people hated the combo multiplier"...[emoji52] wtf lol. So people had a problem with combos, correct?

Your whole point (based on your wording [I can only reply to how you articulate]) was that people were upset with combos being the dominant form of engagement. Not the multiplier, the fact that you had to throw combos. So I clarified that people were mad at the multiplier, NOT the fact they had to throw combos.

The only disagreement and question is, will this become a game just as frustratingly & heavily dominated by combos but with a different system? I simply see the same issues occurring even with vulnerability. Hell, I was able to end fights with one strong modified strike in UFC 2 too, I'm sure you did too! As long as the opponent was in the middle of throwing a heavy punch as well, and that's the same feeling I pretty much got in the beta, it's just wrapped up in a different, prettier package.

Uh, yes, it will be dominated by combos. . . because that's how striking works. What do you suggest the game be centered around? Hugging? The good MMA fighters don't fight based on one punch because it isn't effective.
Some do, so the game allows you to one punch KO someone. It just doesn't happen as frequently. Just like real life.

At the same time, more fights don't seem to go the distance with the vulnerability but what I'm saying is we have a lot of the same possible issues arising. The newness of it all can wear off real quick and we start to realize we have the same problems as last time, but with a different combo system.

The only problems we had last time with the combo system have been eliminated entirely. There could be other issues that arise, but it will be impossible to "realize" the combo multiplier is back or that people are throwing unrealistic combos because those features have been obliterated. I am strongly doubting that you thought your comments through before posting.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Outdated comment system blows.
Advertisements - Register to remove