Old 01-10-2018, 11:29 AM   #36
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Dude they have gotten away without fixing a lot of things on their sports titles!

The PS2 era was the last great era for EA sports games IMO. You had Madden 2005 and MVP Baseball 2005.

It was amazing.

Now we have The Show series and NBA 2K18 and we can still play NCAA 14, Madden 16 (which is still a heck of a game and the pinnacle since the move to the CFM model gameplay wise).

It boils my blood though because 18 is a great game save for an incredible ugly bug that I am just seeing way too much. That pancake bug is seriously bad. I don't know how some are not getting it as often as I am. I play totally simulation style as many of you know. That bug has reared it's ugly head on average 3-4 times per game. It's bad. It is a game breaker for me personally.

If they fix it.....I will pick up 18 again. But make no mistake. 18 is my last Madden. I have lost all faith that EA will allow their developers to make a football game with passion for the offline franchise player. We are being cut loose.

No problem. Se La Vee.
No doubt, man. I'm still playing Madden 16 and 17. I stayed away from 18 and glad I did after reading about all of the issues. I likely won't even download the game when it goes to the EA Access vault unless all of these bugs are cleaned up.

It's not just offline sim guys that are frustrated with this game. I've seen a good number of videos with competitive online players that are fed up with the Madden gameplay experience. Something has to change, but it's up to EA. Damage was done across the board with 18 and the state it was released in and the state it continues to be in 5 months after release.

EA can't keep doing this to the consumer. At some point there's going to be a mass exodus from the series.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)