View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 10:55 AM   #36
BB_Dynasty
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Madden Player?

Favorite player: WR Akia Green (Madden 13- PS3)

Despite winning a Super Bowl in my 1st year and needs on defense (LBS/CBs), I felt my nickel and dime offense needed more big plays. Rather than build a better defense to compliment my run game, I would just build on my strength. I was terrible at defense in this game anyway, so I figured best plan of attack was to outscore everyone. I had a very good good offense already. It was built around a dominate run game (CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson) and short passes to WR Stevie Johnson, TE Scott Chandler, and my talented RBs. There was just no knock out punch in my passing game. The only big plays I had were either runs or wheel routes and screens to Spiller. One reason was I had no speed in my WR group. TJ Graham was my deep threat and he was awful (64ovr). Another reason was Ryan Fitzpatrick, but I'll get to that later. I scout a WR named Akia Green. He had something like 99 release and 99 speed, and a super star development. He was projected as a 3rd round pick, but I did not want to risk it. I had planned to select a QB named Austin Duncan in the 1st and grab Green in the 2nd, but my plan fell apart when Duncan went from a late round projection to a 2nd rounder, to a 1st rounder, to a TOP 5 pick. The cost was too great to trade up for him and still be able to grab Green. I wasn't going to miss on Green. I ended up selecting him in the 1st round. Here was the problem though: Ryan Fitzpatrick. I loved Fitz, but he had low 80 throw power and I did not think he could get the best out of Green. I had already pursued Joe Flacco in free agency, but was outbid quickly because I couldn't get out of Fitz's contract without a huge cap penalty. I had struck out with Flacco and Duncan. I was going to roll with Fitzpatrick again. Luckily I ended up taking a flier a QB Danny Martens in the 5th round. I had not even scouted him, but remembered seeing him in the draft stories and figured what the heck. I don't remember what he was rated, but I remember it was somewhere in the mid 70s and he had a big arm, 90+ throw power. I instantly made him my backup, but had no thoughts of starting him. What I had ignored or did not notice was Martens had a super star development, more on that later. I skipped the preseason and wanted to get right into the regular season to use my new WR. Unfortunately, A couple games in, the results were not great. I had been trying to launch deep balls to my shiny new weapon, but my assumption was correct and Fitzpatrick was not the guy for the job. I had already equaled my losses from the season before and Fitz's stats were down across the board: Less TDs, worse completion %, and already had equaled his INT total from the year before. With interceptions and losses pilling up I turned to the rookie. I put in Danny Martens and started out conservative as his accuracy ratings in everything but deep throw were much lower than Fitz. I was running the ball really well (as usual) and winning the game. I get the ball back before the half in a 2 minute situation, I call my shot. Deep ball to Green! TD. I get a quick 3-and-out, use my time outs and get ball back with a little over a minute left in the half. I try it again, another deep ball to Green! TD. When I went to upgrade Martens after the game, I realized he had a ton of XP. I had a super star QB and did not even know it! After that game I never looked back and Green broke every record in the book (TD's, Rec Yds, etc.) with the exception of catches. He won rookie of the year, offensive player of the year and best WR award. Pretty sure only route he ran all year where I threw it to him was a streak/go route. It was the most dominate offense I've ever had in Madden. So dominate that I ended up quitting the franchise after year 2 because the game was too easy.

Honorable mention:
DE Mario Williams (Madden 15-PS4)
After the big signing IRL, I was so excited to use Mario. I could not seem to get sacks with him in Madden 13 & Madden 25, but in Madden 15 this signing finally paid off in the digital world. I broke the sack record by week 8 in one franchise with him. He won defensive player of the year every year that game. Unstoppable.

Last edited by BB_Dynasty; 01-11-2018 at 01:14 PM.