View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 05:14 PM   #10
Junior Moe
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: With the Success of Ultimate Team Modes, What is the Future of Franchise Modes in

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastymgrguy
My interests in sports gaming would die if franchise modes became even more stripped down and less engaging. However, today's youth love the thrill of connecting online and facing human opponents (some were born into Ultimate Team as a norm). I see this in my son -- although not for sports, but for games like Battlefield and Battlefront. If it's where the money is, then EA has to keep share holders happy. That's why they're in business. So, do I think Franchise Mode is an endangered species? Not altogether... but it will be VERY VERY interesting to see what EA does with NBA Live later this year. That will tell the tale - and it will be the deciding factor if I pump any more cash into basketball gaming. I'm just old school and gotta have an engaging franchise mode to stay happy.
I saw the same thing with my son. I got him Ghost Recon Wildlands and watched him grin from ear to ear as it installed. Then, jumped strait online with his friends. I played some of the campaign, but I don't think he has ever touched it. Now they're on to PUBG. It's just where the gamers are now. It's an online social thing now.