View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 10:44 AM   #31
Junior Moe
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: With the Success of Ultimate Team Modes, What is the Future of Franchise Modes in

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
The future isn't good. We've already seen the impact on franchise modes with an increased focus on UT, and when you hear comments by top execs from EA and other companies about the success of UT to their bottom things don't look good for sim fans. The future is likely either a simple roster update or a monetized franchise mode.
As long as 2K and The Show continue to marry deep franchise mode features with good gameplay I'm cool. 2Ks MyLeague devs directly acknowledge how much the segment means with both words and what they actually add to the game. All without game changers twitter polls. The wish list thread on little old OS is enough. The Shows franchise is deep enough for me to get enthraled in what I'm doing. Im a causal baseban fan at best, though. Both could use more immersion, but the heavy lifting is already done. I get my franchise fix with those game and I'm happy with where they are. I'm indifferent when it comes to Madden. It looks great and plays a good game of football. I can scratch my NFL game itch when it comes. I'm cool with that too.
Advertisements - Register to remove