Old 01-22-2018, 05:40 PM   #16
edaddy
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: QB gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
50/50 is unrealistic. NFL teams combine run man coverage only 34.9% of the time. Like I said, your problem is unrealistic play calling. That is why you get unrealistic running of CPU QB. Call plays realistically and you will see more realistic QB running.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...eme-tendencies

"The league is overall a zone-heavy league. All 32 teams combined to run zone coverage on 59.0 percent of snaps with just 34.9 percent man coverage (the remaining 6.1 percent falling into a miscellaneous category including prevent, red zone, and goal line defenses which can contain elements of both and don’t sit accurately in a typical coverage shell)."

Even the most man-coverage heavy team in the league failed to hit 50% man coverage in 2016.
Excellent post alot of people don't realize that the NFL is a zone scheme league..Going man opens you up to big plays or penalties and its almost impossible to cover a NFL Wr if you don't have a good pressure front..a blitz is either risk/reward and eventually a team will burn you..Most teams make a team earn it down the field knowing that eventually the QB is going to make a mistake..I am glad that the scrambling QB's run on you when you play Madden that's realistic..you have to have a zone scheme and contain a QB like Cam..I just wish that man coverage was penalized more in Madden.. DH implemented the prior two years was great at punishing man coverage..