Old 01-25-2018, 10:37 PM   #16
briz1046
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: DISCUSSION: My problem with Overall in online vs CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Definitely not something that can just be added in.

The one thing I dislike most about the XP system is that ratings only move in one direction until they hit a certain age. A 21-year old can be upgraded to a 90 OVR player by age 22. He then can ride the bench for 5 seasons and hit the field at age 27 at 90 OVR. No progression or regression, didn't earn any XP 5th on the depth chart so he's the identical player that played 5 years prior. Would love if a player had 'rust' over not playing for an extended time.

I feel with the XP system it's going to be stuck this way. People wouldn't be happy if they spent a season upgrading a skill just to see it reset the next year. For older players and regression it's expected, but if your 24-year old RB was upgraded from 88->93 BCV and come next year he's down to 87... plenty of people wouldn't like that.

One thing I would like to see is more external factors effecting a players OVR. I think there still is a production rating that impacts it (maybe?) and confidence has some impact if it's high or low enough. If the game could add more of these factors, such as chemistry, hot/cold streaks (return), etc., it would help players vary week to week and year to year.

Ultimately I would like to see XP removed in coach/owner mode for players, replaced by training/coaching influence. Let you choose what you want a player to work it, maybe your coaching staff and players learning ability effect how much their rating can increase.

Leave XP for Player mode and upgrading coaches. When playing as player you can choose what you want to work on, you just can't tell/force the other players to learn what you want them to.
Isn't * training influence * just another way of saying modify the XP system so XP are earned and spent in a realistic manner ? Ie via training ,practice and learning and can be spent only on those atttributes that would benefit irl
I do feel coaches and assistants should impact the system ...with benefits gained easier in their areas of specialization

Also scheme fit and continuity within a scheme should be increase XP yield while continuous change of schemes should be detrimental

As far as players progressing too quickly under the present system ...that's why we have XP sliders so we can choose our own ( or at least the league commissioner can choose) rates of progression

As far as regression ( whether it is from age or rust or injury ) the system needs to have more variety across the board ...to me it just seems that every player hits a certain age and gets identical penalties whereas in real life players regress in dramatically different curves even within position groups
Whilst they may have the average player not a million miles away from realistic there are nowhere near enough outliers ( the James Harrison.. Terrance Newman's who play at 40 near as well as they did at 30 or players that hit the wall at younger ages and drop away at 27 or so

Last edited by briz1046; 01-25-2018 at 10:50 PM.