Old 01-26-2018, 08:18 PM   #25
triplechin
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: DISCUSSION: My problem with Overall in online vs CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcourtne
I’m in the minority - I like the XP system because it’s completely flexible - everyone can implement it however they like with respect to skills and how much xp is earned. Forget the idea of training or practice for a moment - xp is the vehicle for training and improvement based on how you would develop a player. I would not like a system where I had to spend a bunch of time doing the same training drills over and over.

Contrast the XP system to contracts and salary cap. Almost no control over contract terms - one of my least favorite aspects of Madden. Why would I want to cede control back to EA on training?

The only real change I would like to see is a cap (for each player) on physical attributes like speed and acceleration. Those shouldn’t have wide variability.

EA has provided a system that lets everyone implement their version of real life. It could be tweaked but hardly should be scrapped.
I agree with the contract point, I wish each aspect could be customized because as a GM you can offer whatever contract you'd like. With XP, I dislike it because you can't control player progression as a GM/Coach in real life. I think the dev traits are also a bad idea for many reasons. I agree it is possible to tweak the system enough to make it more realistic, but I think it is patching up a flawed system that limits other parts of the game as well. I respect your opinion but personally just don't like it. I don't really wanna take the XP discussion any further but feel free to check out my signature if you want to see my ideas of how to improve progression and the easy changes that can be made from doing that.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Advertisements - Register to remove