Old 01-29-2018, 09:27 PM   #41
TheJamesKraus
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I really appreciate the fighter individuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Here's the thing... I'm partly saying this because I've heard things from credible people.

One of them is Colby himself. Whether you think he's exaggerating about putting it on Tyron in sparring is another thing but has Tyron denied it? Tyron is ducking Colby imo. I'm not saying he's 'scared' or whatever but he'd rather avoid fighting him. The fight made sense at the time. Colby had attention. People wanted to see him get his *** beat. If it was such an easy fight... Tyron would have taken it. He'd be better off taking it than the RDA fight if it was easy.

I think it's quite obvious that Colby is as confident as he is for a reason. He knows something that a lot of people don't.

GenghisCon (a filmmaker who was situated at ATT for a long time) said that people would be surprised if they watched the different sparring footage he had of Tyron and Colby.

A guy who trained at ATT also told me how easily Colby would work guys in the gym all the time. Masvidal and Lawler included.

You don't have to believe me or these people about these things but I and these people have no reason to lie.

Tyron has a tendency to go into defensive mode and not do enough to keep a guy off him when someone initiates grappling with him. It's quite easy to force him to fight a defensive fight in general. I think Colby can exploit that and then some.

Again, I have no idea what would happen in this fight. I just think it's a far way away from being obvious.

I'd also rather see Usman and Colby fight Woodley than fight each other, personally. I don't really mind though. All of the fights are interesting. A bit like Khabib/Conor/Tony in a way.
I do believe it but like I’ve already said... that is only one aspect of MMA.

Anyone can make Woodley go into a “defensive shell” because that’s how he fights, with him backed against the cage he has the option to explode at any moment, with either a right hand or a takedown.. he’s fought like that his whole career. It’s only when he has you hurt that he comes forward.

Woodley hasn’t been at ATT in 3 years sparring Covington... this is a similar time period that TJ and Cody didn’t spar each other and look what happened there... Yes Cody had the success in the beginning with the same things he done in sparring but in the end, TJ finished him with the stuff that he added to his game since leaving.

I’m not saying Woodley is gunna blast Colby with some capoeira kick or something lol, but I do think he’s a much smarter fighter since moving to Roufusport. They have masterminded 3 very good wins against dangerous opponents and I don’t really see Colby in that bracket.
Advertisements - Register to remove