View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 03:25 PM   #48
Nugget7211
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Ok lets slow down. He wasnt a dominant champion at LW. He beat Pettis and Cerrone. He was then KO'd by Eddie and lost convincingly to Tony. People also seem to forget that he was dominated by Khabib. Thats 3 of the top 4 LWs right there.

At WW, keep in mind that when the ratings were finalized it was before the Lawler fight. With that said, I dont know want to completely overreact to the Lawler fight given that Robbie hasnt looked great in his last 3 fights.

I think he needs a buff but its not an easy one. I think he is arguably a better LW than a WW but he is also maybe the 5th best LW currently while he is probably the 3rd or 4th best WW so he needs to be rated accordingly.

I'm loving all of the input guys keep it coming.
He was incredibly competitive with Ferguson though, like you can make an argument he won that fight, not a good one but you can do it and it's not insane (he was also eye poked really badly early in the second round when the momentum started to swing but whatever.)

RDA's striking stats are mostly fine, his switch stat really ****s his overall because it's the minimum of 80, it's his grappling, stamina and health that I think have been done a disservice.

The only person RDA has fought since 2011 who was better than him in the grappling (there was little to no grappling in the ferguson or alvarez fights to be fair) was Khabib. He has beaten every single other fighter he's fought in the grappling exchanges. Like, why is Nate Diaz 4 points better than RDA on top? Why is Eddie Alvarez 5 points better? Why is Evan Dunham better on top? Jake Matthews has a better top game than RDA at lightweight. Like, even when he was half unconscious he got side control on Eddie Alvarez and held it for a few seconds.

Onto his stamina now, he fights at a consistently high pace, not dissimilar to Eddie Alvarez's pace in all but the Gaethje fight, yet all his stamina stats are lower than Eddie's. He has 2 points less striking stamina, 5 points less grappling stamina which is insane since RDA is much more of a grappler than Eddie generally and 6 points less endurance. I don't understand why RDA isn't getting credit for the pace he pushes in his fights tbh and this is probably the biggest issue with his stats.

Now, onto his health. His body and leg health is fine. It's his chin and heart that I feel are too low. He has 1 point less chin than Barboza and 3 points less heart than him. While Barboza has been knocked out one less time than RDA, RDA's 2 knockout losses are 8 years apart and the first was the best punch Jeremy Stephens has ever landed and the second was the best punch Eddie Alvarez has ever landed and it didn't put him out or even down. Barboza also gets hurts far more often, Cowboy dropped him with a jab whereas RDA ate high kicks and flying knees from Anthony Pettis without even wobbling. RDA should be around 90-91 in chin and similar in heart in my opinion.

The reason I'm focusing so much on RDA is I feel like his stats being off make it quite difficult to use him the way RDA fights. You can't push his kind of pace because his cardio can't support it, nor can his chin and you can't grapple as dominantly as you should be able to with him. RDA was the 4th ranked Lightweight when he left the division and he's currently the 2nd ranked Welterweight in the world and I don't think his stats accurately reflect just how good of a fighter he is.

Last edited by Nugget7211; 01-30-2018 at 03:30 PM.