Old 01-30-2018, 05:20 PM   #9
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: CPU and the run game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
I find it random to be honest. I can play the same game over and over 100+ times and the CPU will not run their offense the same way in each game. It is like the CPU's game-plan is pre-determined rather than based on playbook, coaching, scheme, and player traits.

Sometimes a team will run the ball non-stop with a ratio of 2:1 running. Other times it is fairly balanced. Sometimes the CPU comes out throwing constantly. And then the throwing can change. Sometimes the CPU will push it deep more often and other times they will look to check down a lot in the game. Despite having the same playbook, scheme, and player traits by playing the same game over and over.

Overall this is disappointing to me, because I'd rather the CPU stick to their scheme, subs, playbook, etc,. It would be neat to see the CPU more dynamic and intelligent. Making proper in-game coaching adjustments. In-game scheme/play-calling adjustments. And sticking to their overall team identity.

I agree with all of this. I will say though that even with this said, slider settings can also influence the extremes that one sees. Counting qb runs as a ‘worst case’ I see 45-60% run using default sliders. I rarely see variations outside of those percentages.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports