View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 08:10 PM   #63
kac
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Microsoft May Buy EA - What Could This Mean for Sports Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Good or bad for gaming is relative, and is really beside the point. The truth is, if this is true, and all these games go exclusive, it’s the fault of every single gamer and games writer that lamented on the internet that Microsoft has an exclusives problem.

This image hurts the Xbox platform, even though it really isn’t true. It’s an obvious solution to the problem created by those that think each console needs exclusive titles.

The truth is, I had more than enough games on the XB1 to be happy. The lack of a AAA MLB title hurt, and I finally relented, getting a PS4 last April. Just like MS could do with Madden and FIFA, Sony could go multi platform with The Show, but they never will. But I still game 99% on the XB1.

I’ll worry about the “fairness” when I see Bloodborne and Naughty Dog games on the Xbox. Fairness is rarely a factor in business. As consumers, all we can do is spend our money on what we find value in. Occasionally we will spite our nose to save our face. I boycotted EA when they killed off NFL 2K. But we also tend to get over it, which I did with Tiger Woods 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The difference is Microsoft could have made a baseball title at any time they just refuse to. The other games your talking about are sony own studios.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app