View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 03:15 PM   #48
lopan
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

The main issue I encountered through my play yesterday was over-aggression from the A.I. (constantly moving forward into the pocket) on Normal mode. I didn't experience this on other modes. An example is playing as Jose Aldo against Frankie Edgar, and Conor against Michael Johnson; both Edgar and Johnson on Normal were constantly walking me down and staying glued to me in the pocket. On Pro difficulty, both of them completely changed up their styles, fighting off the backfoot, countering, throwing combinations, etc..

I see other people on this forum mentioning this issue on other difficulties as well, so I'm not sure what the issue is, if it's a bug, or due to playstyle or what. I'll keep playing and testing it out.

Playing on Hard difficulty gave me an experience closer to 'Pro', with the AI retaining much of it's tendencies from the Pro difficulty, but less difficult to deal with.

On Pro difficulty the A.I. is hyper-intelligent, dynamic, and makes few mistakes. I personally find it too difficult. The AI almost consistently predicts your attacks and punishes you badly for it.

Ideally, I'd like to see all the AI styles shown through at all difficulties above Easy.