View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 02:09 PM   #38
Nugget7211
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Body kick catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The word “huge” is so overused in this forum.

The rocks don’t happen every time. Maybe they should be decreased but without the rocks there is no real deterrent to stop someone from spamming body kicks.

Given the stamina realism demands that this forum has asked for, body work and stamina are even more important in this game. I’ll take this unrealistic mechanic over vids of people throwing body kicks over and over and over again because there is no real punishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's not like catching kicks is the only counter to them. It's just the most annoying one to be on the receiving end of because it takes control away, which is the same problem parries had in UFC 2 tbh. If you straight up removed the kick catching mechanic (which I don't want, to be clear), you could still back dash away from a kick and throw a counter kick or duck/lean into the kick to armour it and throw a counter combination. If they just make the counter punch on a caught kick do less damage it would encourage the takedowns from the caught kick more and the riskier counters for more damage.