Old 02-04-2018, 09:08 AM   #113
vtcrb
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The 1987 NBA2K18 Roster by Sellaz32, VTCRB, & SHH4UA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I’ll gladly do some testing on this and get you some feedback.

One thing about the fouls, I think you almost have to keep them high and not over adjust the other way. Have to remember on average there were 5-7 or so more fouls called per game then than in today’s game, and teams shooting anywhere from 8-10 more free throw attempts per game. You’ll definitely want that replicated in the sliders if possible.

I know there was a little more play off ball, and “hand checks” (though they still don’t call them now often either) were allowed a tad more then, but there was a lot more contact at the rim, almost all of which rewarded the shooter since there was no verticality ruling back then. Hell you had guys like Jordan turning away from the rim completely and hitting defenders with his back at the rim and getting foul calls.

Sure there were FAR less flagrants, techs, tossing of players, etc. everything was just a play on common foul. But you can’t really replicate that in the game play. If that means a few extra touch fouls are called to be able to get the fouls and free throw attempts accurate I think that’s a fair adjustment to make. You definitely want those slashers getting to the line. Maybe bumping the “hard foul” in the players individual sliders would help make a lot of the fouls more noticeable where there isn’t complaints of touch fouls.. idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roster and Sliders for testing are under my Gamertag. Both have 1987 in title. Sorry I didn't respond earlier. Thank you for,interest in testing and feedback. It is much appreciated.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade