View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 06:28 PM   #51
Thunderhorse
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Jump into a Madden game, or stick with 2K5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
The graphics are awesome until the players start moving. Compared to other sports games on the market and older Football titles the animation quality is very poor. If the game looked good in motion I think it would cover up some of the other issues. It's like NBA 2K and MLB The Show. Those 2 games can look so life like in motion that I can overlook some of the other issues.

On topic: I'd probably play Madden 18 before 2K5 but I have zero interest in playing either. 2K5 is too outdated at this point, Madden 18 has progressed so slowly over the years and I just feel like the game isn't targeted towards me anymore.
I would play APF but it just looks so bad on my television.

Animation wise, player movement wise, it's still the best football game ever made. From purely a football standpoint, the game gets it. Players move realistically, the ball flies through the air naturally and realistically, and it is not so solely dependent on a set of animations to simulate the outcome; The user is in complete control.

At the end of the day, if you are a fan of the NFL and you're not worried about the intricacies of the game, you can get past the gameplay shortcomings in Madden because you probably don't know any better. Go ahead and pick it up. One of my favorite things in all of gaming is Franchise mode. I love watching guys develop and love it even more when I remember their names through the years.

If Sony or Xbox ever made APF playable on next gen consoles and allowed online multiplayer again, I would go back. There's something special about winning a football game because you put the X's and O's together the right way without having to concern yourself with the eventual inexplicably detrimental dice rolls or animation sequences that work against any user, for any reason.

People in this community seem to generally accept that poor AI is acceptable because everyone eventually gets F'd over or benefits from it, and 2K was never like that. If you got checked in 2K you could always watch the replay, visually note where you came up short, and adjust so that never happened again.
Advertisements - Register to remove