View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 02:17 PM   #70
Iteachpercussion
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 1994 Roster

Just wanted to let everyone know where I am on the playbooks.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am planning on not using CFM for this roster. I will be playing through the actual 94 season and keeping my own stats, injuries, standings, etc.

I have done this on previous Maddens as well and one of the reasons is the ability to use custom playbooks without some odd workaround.

So, I am working on playbooks to mimic the styles of 1994. I will NOT make a playbook for each, it is not necessary. Instead, I will have a few playbooks which reflect the varying styles.

Currently I have made the following:
File name: 90s2TE: This set is exactly what is says, mostly 2 TE formations with some additional formations to flesh out the playbook for specific situations. This playbook is best used for the following teams: Cardinals, Broncos, Lions, Vikings, Saints, Giants, Eagles and Chargers

File Name: 90s3WR: This playbook is based on formations which utilize a single back and three WRs. This is the Bills and Oilers. Again, other formations are used for various situations.

File Name: 90sbase: This is a relatively balanced offense with mostly two back sets. There are a variety of formations and plays in this playbook. The bulk of the 94 teams can use this playbook. However, it is meant for the following: Bears, Browns, Seahawks, Buccaneers. I believe the following teams would have be well represented by this playbook: Bengals, Raiders, Rams, Dolphins, Patriots, Jets, Redskins. Even West Coast offensive teams could use this roster, but I plan on building that one.

Playbooks to be made:
West Coast: The EA version of the West Coast is not really the West Coast offense of the 1990s. Mine will use as close as possible formations (some are no longer in the game though) and rely on short passes; slants, outs, screens, etc... Also the FB will be prominent in this playbook. Teams who will use this playbook: 49ers, Chiefs, Packers

Run Dominated: This playbook will feature a greater emphasis on running the football and playaction passes. Mostly 2 back formations, similar to the base playbook, but with the plays rated a little differently. Teams using this playbook will be: Steelers, Cowboys, Colts

RunNShoot/ RunNGun: This will be the Atlanta Falcons, the only RnS holdover. 4 wide receiver formations with an emphasis on the pass. Run plays will be mostly draws, dives and stretch plays.