View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 10:13 AM   #4
49erscott
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What's the future of Ratings in Madden?

I think a way to differentiate players more and improve ratings is to massively expand the number of ratings - primarily by dividing up existing ones. They are currently too broad and leave a lot of players feeling the same.

This is a few examples of how things should be broken down imo. The great thing is that there are available analytics on almost all, if not all of these things, that I'm sure EA can get access to from someone like PFF to help.

QB accuracy: Instead of just being short, medium and deep, it should also be divided into left, centre and right. Some QBs are less accurate to certain areas of the field, largely for mechanical reasons. This reflects that and makes you tailor your play calling and offense more

Route running: Split into each route that a guy can run, ie. slant route running, post route running. This differentiates much better between guys who run a larger route tree, but also means that for certain guys, they can be utilised in a very specific way on routes that they are good at.

Pass rushing moves: Power move and finesse move need to be split into the actual moves. If my pass rusher is a great bull rusher I want that reflected, if he's just an edge bender I want that reflected by a lack of other moves. If he's really tooled up, I also want that reflected

Zone coverage: Split into the different zones a guy can be asked to do. Ie seam flat, hook zone, mid-read, deep centre, deep boundary etc.

Man coverage: Split into the different routes a guy can face. Some players are awful at in breaking/out breaking routes but better at the opposite. Some are good against slower developing but are rubbish vs slants. Should be reflected

Run/pass blocking blocking: Not all blocking is the same. For run blocking, are they better suited to a power scheme or a zone scheme? As a pass blocker, are they good against speed and/or power? Should be reflected as well.

These are just a few examples, it could go far deeper. With this, the players start feeling much more unique and very few guys will truly feel the same. You'll have to know your team well, and match them to your tendencies