View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 10:17 AM   #79
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Jump into a Madden game, or stick with 2K5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASZEMPLE
I would say what they prefer and want in a game, many people do enjoy madden and think it is a great game. I say madden is quite unrealistic game a football, and it comes down to a lot of things it does I have issues with, which you might not have. Player movement and interactions. I don't like the 2 man Wr-DB catching animations they look terrible when a DB is in position for Int to suddenly shift 2 yards to get into right spot for the 2 man animation to play out that decided it was a catch for the Wr or it happens the other way. Jukes are insanely bad that involve little skill, and defense reacts to then by shifting them out of position in the most unrealistic matter. Blocking is way too binary for me. Running is way to jerky, players make insane cuts when turning, there is no weaving through the line with a RB. From a user control standpoint a lot of controls feel unresponsive and stuck in the mud especially controlling QB in the pocket. All these together make madden not very enjoying and more frustrating to me.
This is a great post and something that I totally agree with.

I know people(always say I defer to Sage) have been greatly disappointed by the animations that Madden has displayed for the past decade or so. It's just something that I never noticed much and not something that I'm trying to gloss over or ignore. And to others it is blatantly obvious. I do see the 2yd catch up logic from time to time with the CB and WR, but I can't say it happens all the time in a game played. Case in point, last night playing vs the Falcons, Matty Ice went back to throw in the pocket, Gabriel had a step or two on Randall heading towards the end zone, the ball hung up in the air and Randall caught up to Gabriel(not by the catch up animation, I checked a few times on replay), Gabriel leaped up and Randall leaped up, Gabriel was coming down for the ball and Randall swiped at the ball, juggled it going out of bounds and the ball came out and ref said incomplete. I knew Gabriel had 2 feet inbounds, but I didn't catch in real time he juggled the ball too. Madden is capable of those kind of plays.

Also, on replays, I don't see 8 or 9 guys on the line in a pattycake formation as much as I have in the past. I replay sacks and good WR DB interactions, like the one above, and notice the DL will disengage with the OL matchup they are going against. I am not saying it happens every play, but I feel the tethering has been, at the most, minimized somewhat.

Also, I see better playcalling AI playcalling by tweaking a few things from the slider folks. A big shout out to them to for making the gaming experience better!

I was never a fan of Dan and Peter, just a subjective opinion, but to me, it was similar to nails on a chalkboard.

Last edited by roadman; 02-17-2018 at 10:40 AM.