View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #33
Devaster
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU Draft Logic is still not correct

There hasn't been a big issue with QB's drafted in my CFM yet. The Vikings had injury prone Bradford with Normal development and drafted a QB that is better for them long-term. The Rams have Goff who is still only around 79 or 80 OVR in his 4th season and Normal development and drafted a Quick development 81 OVR QB. That rookie will be a 90 OVR soon.

The Steelers drafted a Quick development guy at the end of the 1st round in my 1st draft and let Ben walk in FA. Now due to regression that young Steelers QB is higher OVR than Ben and Ben is playing for the Jets.

The Chargers kind of frustrate me because they have drafted a 1st round QB two straight years. But this season they are 2nd in the league in standings with 13 wins I think and their rookie QB with Superstar development is an MVP candidate, AFC OPOY front-runner, AFC OROY front-runner, and AFC QB of the Year front-runner. That rookie QB will be a stud after the season ends and they progress him. And they have a back-up 2nd year QB with Quick development that is 78 OVR. Hopefully they trade the back-up away, but I haven't seen those kinds of trades yet for QB's.

Trubisky is still sitting around 79 OVR with Slow development as the Bears franchise flounders in my CFM. They need a QB.

The Saints drafted 1st round QB with Normal development in my 3rd season after Brees retired. They already had a starter that was better OVR, but that starter missed most of the season due to injury. That Normal development 76 OVR QB went on to win NFC OROY and ended up being mid 80's OVR after one season with Superstar development.

I bumped Dalton down a bit to allow the 2nd year QB they drafted to start over him. Both the 2nd year QB and Dalton are Quick development, but the younger guy is going to develop past Dalton more quickly. No reason for the Bengals to sit around with low 80's Dalton for the rest of his career and pass on their 2nd year QB who could be 90+ OVR in a couple seasons.

So overall it appears like the teams in need of QB's or ready to move on from their long-term starters are properly drafting guys. The Jags also drafted a QB that has already overtaken Bortles.