View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 11:20 AM   #10
Holmesx10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 3 4 defense set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
I do want to mention that for 99 size 3-4 OLB's you want them to be at least 6'3" and at least 260lbs. 1lb below 260 will drop the size rating below 99.

If you want 99 size 3-4 DE's you want them to be at least 6'4" and at least 300lbs.

For NT you want at least 6'3" and 350+ lbs for 99 size. But you will still get 98 size rating with a weight above 325lbs.

I will edit my 3-4 DE's to be 300lbs or as close to it as possible, but won't touch if they are over. I edit my OLB's to be at least 260lbs. For the NT I only bump them up above 325lbs. Sometimes you will find one in the draft close to 350, but I don't think I've ever drafted one with a weight of at least 350lbs. I think some of these size ratings are unrealistic, especially in regards to weight.

Does size rating even matter? Because I have some people who convert rookie Safeties into middle linebackers because they are fast, good hit power, and good zone. The thing is they usually aren’t over 6’2 and their weight is never over 220 so their size ratings are terrible. It’s not a bad idea either because some of the rookie safeties can have pretty decent block shed and pursuit and given their athleticism the only thing that would be lacking is size and maybe strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports