Old 02-21-2018, 01:56 PM   #22
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden 17 Vs Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
My perspective of Madden gaming is likely far different than most of you, due to the fact that I'm much older than most on this forum, yet still love playing.

I stuck with Madden 17 and absolutely love it. However, it was my first purchase since M12 so I was naturally blown away by 5 years of improvements, although gameplanning and CPU playcalling took a horrendous, inexcusable and disappointing step back.

The reason I never purchased M18? The game was a mess upon release. If you believe otherwise, that is your right and opinion. After all the patches performed including the pancake issues, M18 finally looks like a worthy purchase. However, since I play on All Pro sliders that fall close to All Madden, I do not like the fact that my user defensive player will "freeze upon switching up".

I'll stick to M17 and see if EA releases a playable game out-of-the-box next year. Just because patches can be added later to a game is, frankly, no excuse to use it's customer base as beta testers so they can make their gaming experience worthwhile 3-6 months after it's initial release. Having said that, myself, as well as many other fine posters and moderators on this forum have been doing that for some time and my deepest appreciation for all of your hard work and gameplay videos.

I hope EA knocks off the gimmicks and deepens the sky (fully flesh out and test existing features) rather than attempt to widen it. If not, more and more customers will simply purchase last year's edition around April, make roster adjustments and know they can play for a full year, without having to wait on patches to address problems. Obviously, this will pertain more to the offline franchise folks than online gamers.
Agree, I am a older gamer as well and don't appreciate the beta testing either.

I hang onto the game for the whole year because I am in the BBGC and I purchased Madden 18 for 11 bucks on opening day.

So, I am glad they fixed parts of the game play for those than hang onto Madden for the whole year, but still no excuses for beta testing the game after release.

Good post.