View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 01:16 PM   #34
briz1046
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What's the future of Ratings in Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
I will. When they start getting rid of their scouts and when they stop signing free agents that dont work out then I'll start to believe PFF matters as much as they say. Til then, free agents are still not working it for some teams and they still have their scouting staffs.
PFF shows you're QB Kirk Cousins is an average QB but some team is going to sign him to a 150 million deal. I guess that will be the team that don't care about PFF? He will be a Jet or Bronco.
PFF also have Russell Okung bad grades yet the Chargers signed him anyways for over 50 million and he was a probowler this year. Hmm.......

Subscribing to and using data from are a totally different fish from using that information as your be all and end all bible of all things football

And as stated in my original post the data PFF gives needs proper interpretation not just blind adherence to total grades

The two players you single out are average players but play at positions where PFF would probably say being average ( as opposed to at rock bottom) would be significant upgrades for the teams mentioned ..getting a top 5 QB or LT out side of a blue chip draft pick that pans out is pretty hard so upgrading to average is money well spent for a lot of teams