View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 01:22 PM   #35
Rayzaa
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What's the future of Ratings in Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
Subscribing to and using data from are a totally different fish from using that information as your be all and end all bible of all things football

And as stated in my original post the data PFF gives needs proper interpretation not just blind adherence to total grades

The two players you single out are average players but play at positions where PFF would probably say being average ( as opposed to at rock bottom) would be significant upgrades for the teams mentioned ..getting a top 5 QB or LT out side of a blue chip draft pick that pans out is pretty hard so upgrading to average is money well spent for a lot of teams
Okung was an upgrade but it wasnt apparent when it happened since they gave the Chargers a fail for signing him,... but making the probowl isnt being average. There are 32 starting LTs. And i can keep going, i just used two examples. There are more. Like I said, they cant and dont figure in the human element. Those grades dont account for somebody playing injured for one thing.

I know PFF for many is the bible to stats and players but stats are always an overrated thing and again, PFF has some useless stats IMO.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 02-22-2018 at 01:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove