View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 10:23 AM   #2
jfsolo
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Gut Foxx(MUT Players/League) Interview Clint Oldenburg

Some observations: I like that Clint is very passionate about AI improvements. It's not going to improve at the rate that most simheads want, but I expect that we will take some solid steps forwards every year with him as the gameplay lead.

I also like that he puts the blame on the dev team for Users only running a handful of plays. There is always this debate about Users not playing real football, but he realizes that most players will always look for shortcuts and that it is on the game mechanics to make those players play a more realistic game.

From some of the things he said, just like with 2K basketball, defensive AI doesn't have everything it needs to counter all the offensive concepts in the game, and that some real life offensive concepts have to be left out for now because of those defensive holes.

I really didn't like the reason for not having receivers "sit down" in zones. It's part of football to have to read the adjustment that your receiver makes even if it isn't what you expected or anticipated he might do. More organic incompletions would result because of not being totally on the same page all the time, and that is a good thing IMO. Having it tied to a user controlled mechanic, especially in sim mode, is not how I want to it to function.

Yes, it needs to be tuned better, but I blame the players for not inherently realizing that many of the coaching adjustments were designed to be situational.

I know that some people may want them in CFM, but IMO most of the chems that are in MUT are totally arcade features.

Clint didn't say this, but I feel like Competitive and MUT play really, really have a negative affect on designing and tuning for realistic football.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.